Get the Help You Need Today: Call Our Premises Liability Attorneys at the Day Law Group
The premises liability attorneys at the Day Law Group in Baton Rouge, LA are here to help turn your complex case into a clear-cut personal injury victory. Our seasoned attorneys build unique and strategic legal cases based on our clients’ personal injury scenarios. No two premises liability cases are the same, as each happens in a different place, at a different time, and under different circumstances. At the Day Law Group, our premises liability attorneys work hard to ensure the cases we represent result in a financial recovery win for our injured clients.
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is a segment of personal injury law that allows individuals who are hurt on someone else’s property to pursue financial damages for the physical harm they have suffered.
Louisiana law states that the owner of a home or business where someone is injured could be liable if:
- There was an unreasonably dangerous condition on the property,
- The property owner was aware of the condition, and
- The injuries were sustained because of the dangerous condition
At the Day Law Group, our premises liability attorneys provide professional and dependable legal representation. From our first meeting, we will develop the details of your case to meet the requirements necessary to create a claim, and pursue the property owner for damages.
Premises liability cases happen anywhere, including:
- Shopping malls and retail stores
- Parking garages and lots
- Bars and restaurants
- Office and professional buildings
- Apartments and condominiums
- Locations with lack of security
- Poorly lit stairways and walkways
- Slippery surfaces, including wet floors
- Uneven walkways, broken concrete
- Cluttered entrances and exits
- Torn, hazardous, or poorly secured rugs and carpeting
Premises Liability Claims Result in Severe Injuries
Personal injury is common in premises liability cases, simply because of the surprise and shock of the accident. Hazards can lurk anywhere, from nightlife areas to grocery stores, and the injuries that result can be life-changing.
Common premises liability injuries can include:
- Broken bones
- Bruises, cuts and scrapes
- Concussions and head injuries
- Neck and spine injuries
- Torn ligaments
- Muscle strains
- Drowning (also see wrongful death)
Next Steps: What to Do If You Are Hurt in a Premises Liability Case
Property owners have a legal obligation to provide a safe space for others to traverse without the worry of negligent conditions causing injury. When accidents do happen, owners often attempt to correct the issue before a complaint or claim can be filed.
If you are injured on someone else’s property, including private, public or government owned space, it is important to create a record of the circumstances surrounding the cause of your accident.
If you are hurt in a premises liability case, the following steps will help you turn your case from an accusation to a solid claim:
1. Record Evidence Through Images or Video
- Take pictures or record a video of the conditions surrounding your injury. This step will provide proof of the hazard even if it is corrected before the claim is made.
2. Contact the Proper Authority
- If you slip and fall in a grocery store, restaurant or shopping mall, alert the manager of the premises to your injury the moment it happens
- Ask that the person formally record the accident, and retain a copy of the report
3. Talk to Witnesses
- If there were witnesses on the scene at the time of your accident, record their statements – in writing, recording or video
- Note their contact information for future interviews
4. Get Medical Care Right Away
- Get medical care right away by calling an ambulance or visiting an emergency room directly after your injury occurs. It is important to identify the severity of your injuries to understand the totality of your case
5. Call an Attorney to Help
- Call the Day Law Group to lead the contact and communication efforts with insurance companies, opposing counsel, and property owners and operators
- Do not speak to the property owner or their representatives alone
Contact Our Experienced Premises Liability Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LA Today
If you have been hurt on someone’s property based on their negligence and inability to provide a safe space, contact our premises liability attorneys at the Day Law Group in Baton Rouge, LA at (225) 200-0000. We can help take your case from injury to recovery by scheduling a free consultation today.