Experienced Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Baton Rouge, LA
If you have been hurt at work, contact our Workers’ Compensation attorneys in Baton Rouge, LA today to understand which laws and statutes apply to your employment and the injuries sustained therein.
At the Day Law Group, our personal injury lawyers practice with precision and superior strategy when pursuing workers’ compensation claims in Baton Rouge, LA. In the State of Louisiana, employment opportunities exist in hazardous capacities, which can lead to bureaucratic red tape hindering your requests for coverage compensation. We can help remove the barriers between you and a financial settlement without delay.
What Is Workers’ Compensation and What Does It Mean to You?
Workers’ compensation is the damages you are legally entitled to if you are hurt at work. Depending on your employment capacity, your employer, and the severity of your injury, the recovery amounts may reflect the categories that apply to you.
Other questions that may be taken into consideration after you are hurt at work can include:
- If you work for a private or public company, you may be covered by the rights outlined in the Louisiana Worker’s Compensation Act
- If you are employed by the federal government, your rights and coverage are outlined by the Division of Federal Employee’s Compensation (DFEC)
- If you are a longshoreman or harbor worker, your rights and coverage are outlined by the Division of Longshore and Harbor Worker’s Compensation (DLHWC)
- If you are injured at sea, the Jones Act – federal legislation for protecting American workers at sea – may outline additional rights where your injuries are concerned
- If you have suffered from an illness as it relates to the Division of Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation (DEEOIC), your compensation plan can differ greatly from someone who does not fall into this category of coverage
No matter who you work for, or how you were injured, our workers’ compensation attorneys, will immediately:
- File your claim with the proper parish, state or federal authorities
- Provide access to the legal obligations that your employer must uphold after you have filed a claim
- Assess your overall medical needs by communicating with your physicians
- Deliver unmatched representation while taking the lead in speaking with employment personnel, insurance companies or federal bureaus
- Seek the beneficial financial settlement you deserve based on your injuries
- Proactively pursue follow-up actions when coverage and compensation is not delivered in a timely manner
Who Does the Day Law Group Represent in Workers’ Compensation Claims?
Louisianans work hard, and with many in our community employed in dangerous jobs, our workers’ compensation lawyers in Baton Rouge, LA provide a welcome relief for those who can only focus on their health and well-being – and not what the future might bring.
At the Day Law Group, we proudly and successfully represent employees in:
- Ports throughout the state of Louisiana
- Processing industries
- Heavy machinery operators
- Offshore and oil rig crews
- Riverboat captains and crews
- Service industry positions, including bartenders and wait staff
- Security personnel
- Private or public office positions throughout the state
- Government offices at parish, state and federal levels
Every employee, in each walk of life in Louisiana, deserves compensation for injuries suffered at work. The workers’ compensation attorneys at the Day Law Group will help you pursue the proper compensation your injuries reflect quickly and proactively.
What Does Workers’ Compensation Cover in Baton Rouge, LA?
Workers’ compensation is designed to allow employees to take the time they need to recover from an injury at work, without enduring exceptional hardships as a result.
The law covers:
- Physical injuries
- Mental injuries
- Occupational diseases and illnesses
Workers’ compensation recovery can include financial compensation for:
- Medical bills accrued from the injury
- Wages lost from being out of work
- Future wages and benefits
- Allowances for partial or full disability
- Payments for temporary or permanent disability
- Reduced earning capacity, if you are unable to return to your previous position
No matter how insignificant your injury may seem, do not hesitate to get medical treatment right away if you are injured at work. The trauma may be offset by your adrenaline and the panic of losing your income while being away from work. We can help you focus on your physical recovery while we comprise a legal approach to exacting the proper financial settlement your injuries warrant – now and going forward.
Contact the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Day Law Group in Baton Rouge, LA Today
Getting hurt at work can require significant healing time and merit a recovery that you cannot pursue on your own. If you have suffered a personal injury at work, call our experienced workers’ compensation attorneys in Baton Rouge, LA today at (225) 200-0000. Our knowledgeable and skilled lawyers will listen to the details of your claim during a free consultation and walk you through a specifically designed set of phases that will lead to your physical and financial recovery. Call us now to make an appointment.