Distinguished Auto Accident Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LA: The Day Law Group
Baton Rouge, LA is no stranger of heavy traffic. With nearly 229,000 residents, and another 600,000 residing in the greater Baton Rouge area, add commuters, visitors, and our substantial commerce traffic to the equation, and auto accidents happen with great frequency in Louisiana.
If you are involved in an auto accident, contact our skilled attorney group today to understand how we can help you recover from your injuries by pursuing the negligent driver who caused your accident. Since 1975, our auto accident lawyers have serviced Louisiana personal injury victims with a committed approach to delivering the best outcomes available for each case we represent. We can help you too.
Louisiana Crash Statistics: What to Do If You Are Involved in an Auto Accident
Louisiana Crash Data Reports chronicled that last year alone in the state of Louisiana there were:
- 698 fatal crashes, with 752 people killed
- 46.3% of traffic fatalities were alcohol related
- 78,773 injuries in traffic crashes
- 119,423 property-damage-only crashes
The National Highway Traffic and Safety Commission describes the costs of these crashes, and how they affect our community financially:
- Traffic crashes totaled a cost of $8.6 billion dollars in Louisiana
- Broken down, that equals $2,919 for every licensed driver in Louisiana
If you are involved in an auto accident, seek medical care immediately by calling an ambulance if you cannot leave the scene on your own. Your safety and well-being is paramount in any accident scenario.
If you can explore the circumstances surrounding your auto accident:
- Do not admit fault or make an official statement to an insurance representative
- Call the proper law enforcement officials right away
- Request the completion of a police report, and obtain a copy as soon as it is available
- Record the contact information of the driver who caused the accident, including their driver’s license, registration, and insurance information
- Document the names, contact information, and statements of any witnesses at the scene
- Preserve evidence through pictures or video, including the vehicles and surrounding crash scene
- Get medical treatment immediately after leaving the scene to assess your injuries in full
- Contact the Day Law Group to take the lead in communicating with the other driver’s insurance representatives or opposing counsel
The Genuine Costs of Auto Accidents: Personal Injury and Recovery
Placing a financial figure on your injuries is not something we take lightly. At the Day Law Group, our auto accident attorneys in Baton Rouge, LA never think of our clients as a figure: We think of you as family.
Family members count on each other for emotional, psychological and financial support. Our lawyers provide the same foundation while taking your legal recovery options into account – placing a value on your physical needs and your overall quality of life.
Some of the costs we have successfully recovered for our clients include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost current and future wages
- Property damage
- Prescriptions and medical equipment rental
- Partial or complete disability
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of quality of life
- Failure to return to previous physical or mental capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Brain and spine injuries requiring extenuating care and recovery methods
- Wrongful death
At the Day Law Group, our attorneys focus on how your auto accident affects your personal and professional life, including short term needs and long-term care. We will assess your case from beginning to end to get the best outcome available.
Discussing Your Auto Accident During a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident in Baton Rouge, LA or any surrounding area, our attorneys would like to meet with you for a free consultation. When scheduling an appointment, simply pick a time and date that works best for you. We are here for you. If available, bring the following items to your appointment:
- Contact information
- Information exchanged at the scene of the accident
- Ambulance information, if one was taken from the scene
- Emergency room information, including where and when you were admitted
- Police accident report
- Medical records and prognosis
- Names of medical professionals with whom you have sought care
- Medical bills received to date
- Insurance information from the party at fault, including names and contact information of the individuals who have contacted you
- Your insurance information
- Receipts from expenses paid out of pocket because of your injury
- Witness information
- Evidence, including pictures or videos from the scene
It is completely understandable that you may not have access to each of these documents or the information therein, and it is not a problem. Do not let that stop you from making an appointment with our attorneys today.
Call Our Accident Attorneys Today to Get the Help You Need
If you have been involved in an auto accident, contact our Baton Rouge, LA personal injury attorneys at the Day Law Group now at (225) 200-0000. Once we know the details of your case, we can begin creating a strategic approach to holding the driver who caused your accident responsible for your injuries. We are available for free consultations and look forward to helping you take the first positive step to recovering from your auto accident.