Committed Offshore / Oil Rig / Riverboat Accident Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LA
Since 1975, when the Day Law Group was founded, our offshore / oil rig / riverboat accident attorneys have played an integral part in helping the Baton Rouge, LA community recover from injuries suffered in these dangerous vocations.
While the partners and personal injury attorneys at the Day Law Group have changed throughout the decades, our personal commitment to standing up for injured offshore / oil rig / riverboat accident victims remains unchanged. Our attorney group works tirelessly to provide the hardworking men and women who are employed in our most hazardous areas with the representation they need to recover from an injury quickly and efficiently.
Our Baton Rouge, LA attorneys know that when you aren’t at work, you aren’t getting paid, and if you are injured during the commission of your employment, someone is responsible for your hardship. Allow our law firm to sort through the confusing and often muddled laws that support your industry and return with a favorable outcome for you and your family.
The Day Law Group: Offshore / Oil Rig Accident Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LA
In 1936, the State of Louisiana issued its first offshore oil and gas lease. Today, more than 4,000 production platforms and drilling rigs exist off our coasts.
The U.S. Energy Information Administration states that in the Gulf of Mexico supplies federal offshore production of:
17% of the total U.S. crude oil
5% of the total U.S. natural gas
- 18 operating petroleum refineries call Louisiana home
- Louisiana is second only to Texas in both operating and total refinery capacity
- Over 300,000 people work in the oil and gas industry in Louisiana – directly or indirectly
- These jobs are responsible for over $12 billion in salaries
Just as the city of Baton Rouge, LA depends on the oil and gas industry to sustain their lifestyles, they also depend on our accomplished attorney group to help navigate injuries sustained in these fields to ensure they do not suffer tremendous hardships from being out of work.
The most common injuries suffered in offshore / oil rig accidents, include:
- Chemical burns
- Commercial diving accidents
- Defective equipment
- Dredging accidents
- Drilling accidents
- Engine room accidents
- Explosion injuries
- Falls from heights
- Hypothermia and drowning
- Improper safety measures
- Inadequate training
- Ladders and steps accidents
- Mechanical failure accidents
- Offshore platform and construction injuries
- Rigging accidents
- Slip and falls
- Unsafe working conditions
- Winch and crane accidents
- Work and crew boat accidents
- Wrongful death
If you are injured in an offshore or oil rig accident, contact our personal injury attorneys in Baton Rouge, LA to discuss how we can help you recover from your injuries and supplement your lost wages today.
Experienced Riverboat Accident Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LA: The Day Group
Louisiana, by geography, is home to some of the largest ports in the United States. In fact, the ports of Baton Rouge, South Louisiana, and New Orleans stretch throughout 172 miles, claiming substantial portions on both sides of the Mississippi River banks as home.
Louisiana ports are more than cargo pick up and drop off points, they include:
- The Louisiana Offshore Oil Port, capable of docking crude oil tankers of record sizes that are unable to approach another port in the nation
- The first large-scale LNG export terminal in the Lower 48 states, the second in existence worldwide is in Alaska
- 16 inland river ports
- Six deep draft seaports
- The movements of 500 million tons of cargo through the lower Mississippi River
- Supplying $20 billion dollars annually to the personal incomes of over 400,000 employees
With one in five Louisiana jobs focused solely in seaports, safety is a major concern. Injuries at work can be life-altering and require considerable time to recover from, which can be hard to accomplish without professional, legal help.
Our riverboat accident attorneys in Baton Rouge, LA represent port industry workers in all capacities, including:
- Crane and winch operators
- Dock workers
- Exporting and distribution agents
- Land and sea engineers
- Lock operators
- Maintenance crews
- Manufacturing employees
- Oil / Rig employees
- Pipeline workers
- Plant and factory workers
- Transportation employees
At the Day Law Group, we understand each of your rights as offshore / oil rig / riverboat employees, and can help you hold each of the parties responsible for your injuries accountable for the costs incurred as a result.
These expenses can include, but are not limited to:
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of current wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Medical care, both current and future
- Mounting debt from loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Partial or full disability
- Reduced earning capacity
- Temporary or permanent disability
Contact Our Offshore / Oil Rig / Riverboat Accident Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LA Today
If you have suffered from an accident offshore, on an oil rig, or while working on a riverboat, contact our personal injury attorneys in Baton Rouge, LA at the Day Law Group now at (225) 200-0000. Our accomplished lawyers will schedule a free consultation to discuss your accident while outlining a strategic plan for seeking financial recovery as a result of your injuries. Contact us today to get the help you need, which will allow you to focus on your physical recovery while we focus on the financial settlement you deserve.